From: [email-masked] <Chicken>

Thanksgiving Council - Friday,Saturday, Sunday, November 26,27,28,29, 1992

Located on private land, Yonder's Farm near Macon, Georgia

The 1992 Thanksgiving Council had many positive and negative aspects to it
(as we work out way toward balance).  Folks were there several days before
preparing the site (snazzy outhouse even!) and making a sumptuous feast for
all (veggie and nonveggie alike).  The rain stopped on Thanksgiving and gave
us col sunny weather to conducts out councils.  (We truly looked like out red
sisters and brothers with that Georgia mud all over!)  The first day of
council, Friday, we focused on how to create gender balance but there was
about equal amounts of women and men, so we just started out heart songs.
(Since a women's council and a men's council had met on Thursday, there was
much support for more female energy - from both sisters and brothers-to be
more visible).  The circle flowed smoothly thru out the day with these
visions emerging:
-Oceanside gathering (fresh water a problem, tho)
-MI council wants TN/KY
-prep camp (May 20) for seed camp
-town crier system at all circles
-Hug and kiss patrols
-rap 107 and 701 on big boards everywhere
-big counseling camp (JESUS?)
-tighter site design with mail circle kitchen surrounding main circle and
then
expanding out from there
-Main circle in center
-early public relations
-scout base camp
-stable community for mobile folks
-magic hat, collect with bank council there, count and announce
-bank council, 5 folks (3 quorum)

and many more visions listed later.  Saturday, we agreed to break into small
groups to discuss specific areas in more detail.  Since there was much
overlap, and agreement between vision and working groups, I took the liberty
of putting related things together for easy reference.  These are the ideas
gleaned from the small group notes:

(as usual single quotes " will be just quotes double quotes "" will be
underlined and
""" will be both)
""FRONT GATE""- There is much excitement about an expanded front gate
presence.  This may include a generic kitchen with rotating staff (or a
string base kitchen), shelter for late nite arrivals, orientation
(107+701+everything else), miniCALM, ShantiSena, workshops, site specific
info, FM radio station with info/music, cadillac recycling (compliments of
Kaba), enthusiastic invitations to all Family to expand the Circle to include
the Front Gate.

""SITE LAYOUT""- Spiral starting at main circle, spreading with main kitchens
next, and growing organically outward from there.

""MAIN CIRCLE""- Center of Gathering site, surrounded by main kitchens, main
CALM nearby, Kid Village nearby; firepit; boggie circle 1/2 mile away; tipi
circle nearby (with cooperations tipi); morning/breakfast/work council;
heartsong council (10am); main council (noon); dinner council (6pm)

""SUPPLY""- Representatives from each main kitchen (with daily kitchen supply
council)

""SHUTTLES""- site specific; private vehicles

""DIFFERENTLY ABLED ACCESSIBILITY""- Site specific; a focalizer will
determine needs and present to work councils/seed camp

""WATER""- pipe (stored in NE, contact Joan of Maine, will loan, needs tandem
trailer, store in responsible place -=-more pipe, stored with VAL in UT.
needs to be checked) need water filters ($2000 stashed for these?).
chlorination, gasoline pump; Crunch trying to get from military (cadadine
units, decentralized, $400); solar distillation; boil water in 55 gal drums;
must meet health/sanitation standards

""KID VILLAGE""- easy accessibility from main gate and main circle and CALM;
designated child care (scheduled responsibility for each child); area tied
off for babies and toddlers; more craft materials and energy; single parents
in particular, help them out! Esp. new and unprepared folks; offer help on
trails and dinner time, don't assume because both parents are there, that
they don't need help; food spice consciousness for nursing moms and kids -
less cayenne!

""CONFLICT MEDIATION""- Workshops and training (esp. Council and Front Gate);
create mediation council w/ emergency team; council forgo asked decisions
until return from mediation; we invite Little Hawk and Peter to mediate their
conflict; include offer of conflict mediation in rap 107; create conflict
mediation space

""WORKSHOPS""- ask on info board for folks to learn/teach/share boar (w/pen
and paper); mention on rap 107; set up popcorn kitchen/orientation at shuttle
or 1/2 way in

""SECURITY - INTERNAL/EXTERNAL""- everyone watch everyone; vibes checkers;
front gate monitor arrivals, departures, and expected time to return; CB
radio; conflict resolution at front gate; sister energy at front gate;
healing them there, too; hug kiss patrol; community camping; neighborhood
watch

""VIOLENT AND ABUSIVE BEHAVIOR""- interrupt/restrain as necessary; respond
with love; mediation/council as appropriate; affirm the right of individuals
to press charges/ask folks to leave; be willing to put a watch on the violent
until they're escorted out; continue to consider what would be appropriate to
us; remain calm; incorporate into rap 107/orientation

""SHANTI SENA""-- Training in conflict resolution; need wholistic approach;
significant sister presence; workshops; "we are all peacekeepers"

""PROCESS""- we ask that council be willing to set aside discussion on a
question in favor of discussing process when people fell abused by what is
going on.

""CALM""- at Kid Village; donation/magic hat/20%; site specific healing
re-snakes, insects, etc; orientation for volunteers; min. of 4 backpacks for
emergencies; first aid supplies in each kitchen (w/responsible folks); small
CALM units to 4 directions; ayervedic healing; strictly for emergency; strong
on antibiotics, herbs, holistic healers; different tents for specialties -
chiropractic/massage, herbal, AA/NA, emotional support (JESUS), life support
(AIDS,cancer); council every day to replenish supplies; food to CALM/supplies
in return; emergency communication w/  hospitals

""SHITTERS""- best sites (not near water sites); plywood covers (local,
recycled?); lime/lime soil; kitchens resp. for their own; need designated
shitter crew; diagram of locations; toilet paper in coffee cans; hand wash

""SANITATION""- focus on hand wash (2 1/2 gal in trees fed by gravity);
kitchen CALM team be resp. for water and soap; biodegradable soap avail. from
Amway (jimmi two feathers); less bleach

""SOLID WASTE/RECYCLING""- contact recycling center; need representative;
"What is recyclable?" info to kitchens; info ahead of time; laundry; lost and
found

""J.E.S.U.S. CAMP""- (Judgement Free emotionally safe Uplifting Space) be
prepared to handle intense situations w/strong spiritual, physical, emotional
balance communication access (walkie/talkie); commitment

""KITCHEN COUNCILS""- design to be dog proof; tie dogs up; Berma shave type
signs w/health messages

""CONSENSUS""- BANKING COUNCIL REPORT (bankers- Taco Mike, 
Dragonfly, Bill Baxter, Dan D., Hawk)
- collected  $""72.28"" to open savings account "in trust for Rainbow 
Family Gathering for 1993"
- multiple signers
- account in Cincinnati so no social security # is necessary
- records are simple and kept by 3 folks
- records will reflect donations earmarked for special interest (ie. $10 for 
CALM, etc)
- 2 payments ONLY from this acct. prior to spring council, phone and po 
box
     ""LEGAL LIAISON"""- collected $""150.00"" for mailing regarding proposed
changes in the Forest Service regulations affecting our right to Gather. 
(out of comm. w/legaliason, NOT representing legaliason) We feel as a 
committee that there are timely issues with respect to Forest Service 
regulations that would affect out families' right to gather that invite us to
act now.  We propose that a representative from each region be 
responsible for receiving information and dispersing from legal liaison to 
folks in each region with " how er can help most" at any given time.  Also, 
it seems apparent that green energy is an immediate need and will be an 
ongoing need if we are to preserve our rights under the 1st amendment.  
We propose that wwe all at least consider appropriating a portion of the 
funds raisied for the gatheriing to go to legal liason to preserve our rightt
to gather.
     ""SCOUT COUNCIL""- first of March; donations send to office; (Davis,
Quiet Bear; Marianne, Taco Mike, Kalif, Wobblin' Willie)) going to Burnside
KY office

PROP CON: MAIN CIRCLE INVITES ALL KITCHENS TO COOK FOR ONE CIRCLE 
(except meat)
     Discussion was involved about size of circle, meat, communication,
spirals, concentric circle, diversity of kitchens offering the flavor of
rainbow, Krishno question, people not being comforrtable in the big group,a
vision was shared, the council that comes with; several people said both
would happen (big vircle/serving from kitchen that the focus of the
invitation was unity not conformity, communication is the key.  An objection
was raised about the wording thaat mentioned CALM  and Kid Village was 
redundant.  Consensus was blocked by Clear becasue that we haven't 
leanred to work in small groupss that coming together in such a large 
group because we need more to learn about small groups; running 
suppliess for everyone instead of individually; plan the site at first
instead of being so spread apart; try  to get flow of info to everyone not
just main circle; try to communicate both large and small scale; talked
aboutt breaking down into small circles (pros and cons); post info boards at
all kitchens to circulate info; some folkss don't participate in many
councils' no council at dinner so no bickering; council earlier in day; main
circle info will be spread by word of mouth; try to get focus and
organization back into Rainbow so we don't stagnat; you have invitation to go
to Gathering; you don't have to go; trust sisters and there get up to bbring
the family together; Steven asking Clear to review his reasons to block
consenssus so we can move along with Council; Clear is asking villages get
invitations and educaation on visitation into the larger scene; Consensys
reached.
     ""CONSENSUS""- ""We invite all kitchen other than Kid Village and a
small CALM to join us at Main Circle for supper rather than serving supper at
individual kitchens"".
     This is the beginning of the Gathering.  This is where the further
building of Utopia begins. TEEPEE Frank gave "pep talk to encourage folks to
seek and educate folks into the "work" aspects....not just the "fun" - let
folks know....see what it's really about; working, working together.  Work is
love made visable.  Next a sister shares her vision and suggested we consesne
to a yearly "heartsong" to be printed and known to all to share.  Every year
as we grow and evolve so does our "song".  Idea presented in manner relating
it to a nation anthem thing.  Next a brother spoke of violent behavior
earlier in circle, one brother being very verbally aggressive w/a sister.  He
heard from a distance and come to circle to interrupt the situation.  He
reminds us all we are Shanti Sena and the importance of stopping in
mid-process to deal w/ this abuse and that the circle can/should support such
interruption of verbal/mental abuse.  That stopping violence/abuse within out
own circles is imperative!  He asked brothers in circle to please become more
attentive....was mentioned by last 2 speakers for brothers to seek out their
female- the female within.
Stephen Wing/Committe report from info.  There is mention of Spring Council
and an issue of blocking for consessus on Spring Council on private land;
""BIG ISSUE""!!  Scout council tentative dates early March.  Talk of Spring
Council usually Memorial Day.  There will be a seed camp for this?  Topic:
Spring and/or scout council.
CONSENSUS: Clarification being- ""Scout council is early March, first weekend
4,5,6 March"". Scouts begin scouting now and come back together, report and
confer on details in March.  The 2 months between scout and spring council is
for further wrap up details and desisions and continue scouting.  CONSENSUS-
""Spring council date is consensused MEMORIAL DAY"" sites for both are
unknown.  Info to follow. CONSENSUS- ""Public land ONLY as sites for both
these councils"". (scouts pick location for their council w/only limitations
being that it is on public land, site for spring council will be derermined
at scout council.  Info provided by office)

Attention; council asked that this topic be included although there was no
consensus on Mini manual- gather info from experienced kitchens, etc for
further, cleaer guidance on our survival methods on paper.  Asking for
recommendation by this council to request for said info to futher develop
such publication.  Further talk of rap 107/701 copies and revisions.
CONSENSUS- ""Review rap 107/701 at Spring Council w/Stephen Wing at HO!
address collecting and organizing info/option sent in by Family. Please
Participate!  He will present them. (HO! address- P.O. Box 5455 Atlanta, GA
30307)

MOVE ALL THIS INFORMATION ON LIGHTLINE, ALL CHANNELS AVAILABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Greg from CA sharing vision of Gathering or something. Christopher of
Luisville pointing out that "communication" keeps coming up as an issue.  He
speaks of not being in center of circle to speak so all can see/hear and not
be intimidated by such attention. Dusk to Don of Tampa announces FL council
next week at Lynn and Kendo's N of Gainsville at Hilbraun Springs to
decide/discuss winter gathering and support of National.  Sister spoke and
read letter from Iris Springflower. (suggestions included earlier)

CONSENSUS- ""This is the """Year of the Child""" and """The Child Within Us
All"""

Brother from D.C., announcing surplus of food and blankets has successfully
stored, needs help w/distribution- sounds like a lot of supplies.  Newcoming
brother speak and address topic of family "press release" to combat bad
press.

""HOT TOPIC""- Rainbow Dancer speaking, suggests developing guidelines to
cope with people who have violent tendencies and borderlines on how open we
are.  Need to deal with this disruptive negative energy.  This has been comng
up frequently this council.  Fosuc on healing methodoology. (mediation
techniques, etc.) ""Everyone think about this and come up with suggestions to
share""!!

""HOT TOPIC""- mediation group/gathering to discuss what this means for our
family.  Suggestion to take entire year for all family to council on this
issue.  COnflict resolution council-  point made that this council is fully
empowered by whole family so action/results do not rest on any single person
or small group- suggestions to come up with resulutions NOW!

All this ties together with Shanti Sena- many, many folks spoke to this both
with/without exoerience.  Also goes back to sub-minimanual on Shanti Sena. 
Conflict Resolution/Mediation.  Hug and Kiss patrol as part of prevention of
incidents.  These situtaions are imparative to address for our family NOW.
CONSENSUS- ""All those with belly buttons are Shanti Sena"".
CONSENSUS- ""Hug and Kiss Patrol be established for 1993 Nation Gathering as
part of Shanti Sena"".
CONSENSUS- ""Establish set mediation space for all (mediation space and
council)"".

(Katuah Family Circle offered as their Vision and service to provide
mediation space with counciling for anyone in family with need and to provide
place and help to identified perpetrators- at their interest and agreement
only- to heal brothers/sisters.  If perpetrator resists or refueses, then
asking Shanti Sena to deal with it in their traditional fashion.  Much
discussion about cooperations tipi.

Office info:

Rainbow Family of Living Light 1993
P.O.Box 187
Tateville, KY  42558
Phone in Burnside, KY: 606-561-6185  (9 am to 11 pm, 7 days a week).

This information was lovingly prepared by terry, Sunshie, Water-Signing-on-
the-Rocks, Swan, redmoonsong, Little Ray, Debby Blue Star Sappire, Wuill,
Tron.