Subject: Re: MODS to ALINCO DJ-580T

From: [email-masked] (Tom Bodoh)
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 1993 14:29:28 GMT

In article <[email-masked]>, [email-masked] (Simon Ryan) writes:
|> A FOAF has recently purchased an Alinco DJ-580T Dual Band Handheld and from
|> what he has told me it seems to be a very decent unit indeed. When purchased
|> in Australia, these models already have been modified according to the manual
|> and will receive down to 110MHz on AM and up to 1 GHz on UHF !!!!! (Nice!)
|> 
|> Does anyone know how to further mod these to transmit outside of their normal
|> bands??
|> 
|> Any help would be much appreciated.
|> 
|> 
|> --
|> +---------------------------------------------------+
|> |    _--_|\                                         |
|> |   /      \                       [email-masked] |
|> |   \_.--._<-----Melbourne                          |
|> |         v   rainy one day...rainy the next!       |
|> +---------------------------------------------------+

-- 
In the US version, cutting a blue jumper will restore out of band xmit.  The
way to get to the wire on recent models is to remove the battery pack, remove
4 small screws on base plate, remove base plate, snip blue wire, cover the
bare ends with electrical tape, put base plate back on (be sure that the
dohickey lines up with the whatzit), re-install the battery, reset the radio
by holding the function key down while turning the power on (oh yeah - you did
write your frequencies/offsets down first, right?).  BTW - in the US version,
cutting the red wire restores extended receive...

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+ Tom Bodoh - Sr. systems software engineer,  N0X?? (in the mail)             +
+ USGS/EROS Data Center, Sioux Falls, SD, USA	57198     (605) 594-6830      +
+ Internet; [email-masked] (152.61.192.66)			      +
+	"Welcome back my friends to the show that never ends!" EL&P	      +
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++