Subject: Alinco and 800 mhz

From: [email-masked] (Carlton Ellis)
Date: 12 Oct 92 20:37:50 GMT

Don't know about a 570 but on my Alinco DR-110, after making the
"cut the yellow wire" mod, the following steps connect the 860 Mhz
receiver board and the antenna and the spaker (lets you hear what you
can't hear)  A.  Put radio in VFO mode (not memory)  B. Press and
release the FP (far left hand) button.  C. Press and release the
Mhz button.  Display now reads in 340 Mhz range.  repeat steps
B and C. The 860 to 880 mhz rx board is now active.  Another cycle of
HELO BROCK1P
MAIL FROM: <CELLIS@BROCK1P>
RCPT TO: <[email-masked]>
DATA
Date:     MON, OCT 12 1992 15:39:05
From:     Carlton Ellis   <CELLIS@BROCK1P>
Subject:  Alinco and 800 mhz
To:       <[email-masked]>

Don't know about a 570 but on my Alinco DR-110, after making the
"cut the yellow wire" mod, the following steps connect the 860 Mhz
receiver board and the antenna and the spaker (lets you hear what you
can't hear)  A.  Put radio in VFO mode (not memory)  B. Press and
release the FP (far left hand) button.  C. Press and release the
Mhz button.  Display now reads in 340 Mhz range.  repeat steps
B and C. The 860 to 880 mhz rx board is now active.  Another cycle of
B and C will return your VFO to the 144 Mhz band.  The memories have been
unaffected - I load the two meter repeaters into the memories and leave
the VFO in the 860 Mhz range.  Remember at those freqs 860 Mhz rf really
gets lost in 50 feet of RG-58 - a small wire stuck in the antenna
connector tends to be best.  Enjoy but don't let Big Brother know
you are listening or that the radio is even capable of said activity.
--------------------- anonymous ----------