Subject: Re: Icom IC-22s mods request...

From: [email-masked] (Mike Shirley)
Date: 14 Mar 92 05:00:44 GMT

[email-masked] (Michael Lodge) writes:

> 
> 	I am looking for any/all mods to the rather elderly Icom
> 	IC-22s 2-meter transceiver.  I have made a couple myself

Just happened to trip over my hard-drive and found this...

Radio & Electronics RT
Category 6,  Topic 34
Message 13        Sat Dec 08, 1990
MURREY [Brian KB9BVN]        at 20:12 EST
 
Here's what I have on the ICOM mod for the 22S
==============================================

Icom IC22S.MOD        Packet Modification

The Icom IC22S is a ten watt diode matrix PLL synthesized 2 meter rig
manufactured in the early 1970's.  In it's stock condition it tunes 146-148
MHz in 15 KHz steps.  Since I am sure there are a few of these sitting on
shelves collecting dust due to the limited tuning range, why not modify them
for the perfect packet rig.

First replace the 7.68 MHz Oscillator/Divider crystal (X1) with a 5.12 MHz
crystal.  This will move the band to 145.00- 146.94 MHz in 10 KHz increments. 
The repeater offset will now be 400 KHz which should not pose a problem in
simplex packet operation.  I will give the diode matrix settings for the most
commonly used packet frequencies.  You can formulate others as needed using
the formula N=100*(f-145)+61 and the manual.  The diode positions indicated
ARE WHERE DIODES ARE PRESENT.  The other positions are left empty.

  145.01= D5,D4,D3,D2,D1
  145.03= D6
  145.05= D6,D1
  145.07= D6,D2
  145.09= D6,D2,D1

  73's de Scott N5JLQ @ K6IYK....RELAYED BY WB0SEN & N0KGX
----------

--

Mike Shirley, WB6WUI          INET:  [email-masked]
PO Box 460  (San Diego)       UUCP:  {hplabs!hp-sdd nosc}!crash!slic!mikey
Lakeside, CA 92040-0460       GEnie: SLIC