

Article 21146 of rec.ham-radio:
Path: philabs!philmtl!uunet!samsung!zaphod.mps.ohio-state.edu!sdd.hp.com!hplabs!hpcc01!col!kenw
>From: [email-masked] (Ken Wyatt)
Newsgroups: rec.ham-radio
Subject: IC-24AT Receive Mods
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Date: 17 May 90 15:54:21 GMT
Organization: HP Colorado Springs Division
Lines: 56

At the request of several interested hams, I am posting the modification
instructions for the Icom IC-24AT.  This set of instructions originated
from Icom America and was downloaded from the Icom Library of HamNet
(Compuserve).

Ken WA6TTY  ([email-masked])
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

             IC-24AT Undocumented Features - (from ICOM)

 The IC-24AT dual band handheld had three additional features that
 are not described in the owners manual.  These have been left out
 of the owners manual because some countries restrict the use of
 the radio in these modes.

 AM AIRCRAFT RECEIVE PLUS 740 to 960 MHz RECEIVE

 Remove D13 from the main logic board (this diode may already be
 removed by ICOM in some units).  This diode may already be
 removed in some radios.  D13 is on the main logic board and is a
 discreet diode (one of the two in the radio) near the center of
 the board.  It is the left discreet diode of the two on the board
 when the radio is open and held with the controls away from you.

 Simultaneously hold "Light", "B", and "#" keys depressed and turn
 power on.

 It is important to note that the radio will not meet specifica-
 tion on the out of band receive frequencies that are enabled with
 this modification.

 DIRECT KEYBOARD ENTRY of 100 MHz FREQUENCY

 Simultaneously hold "Light" and "3" keys depressed and turn power
 on.

 CROSS BAND REPEAT (simplex)

 Remove D14 from the main logic board (this diode may already be
 removed by ICOM in some units).  The diode is a discreet diode to
 the right of D13 (from above) and directly beside it.

 Simultaneously hold "Funct" depressed and push "C".

 To turn on cross band repeat:
 Hold "Funct" depressed then push "5" and then push "D".

 To turn off cross band repeat simultaneously hold "Funct" and "D"
 depressed.

 2-14-90