

Article 9582 of rec.ham-radio:
Path: philabs!prls!pyramid!oracle!apple!bloom-beacon!tut.cis.ohio-state.edu!ucbvax!business.uwo.CA!bitlib
>From: [email-masked] (School of Business User Group Server)
Newsgroups: rec.ham-radio
Subject: mods for many radios
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Date: 13 Feb 89 14:03:00 GMT
Sender: [email-masked]
Organization: The Internet
Lines: 93

Date:     Tue, 17 May 88 17:09 EST
>From: <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]

ICOM IC-2AT, IC-02AT

     Wright, Tim AL7DS: "Those Tantalizing Twos," _73_ magazine, June
     1986 p. 60.

Description of modifications requires illustrations.  Article has very
good mod for IC-2AT, to cover portion of 150 MHz range and preserve
ham band.  The IC-02AT modifications are valid only for units with
serial numbers below 34000.

A simpler IC-2AT mod is described in _73_, October 1981 p. 113.

--

YAESU 757GX

     Lert,Peter: "Bootleg HF Radios,"  _IFR_ magazine, Premiere issue,
     1985, p. 12.

Open the radio and flip an unmarked but quite accessible switch.

Article also describes airborne HF antennas.

--

KENWOOD 2600

     West,  Gordon:  "All-Band  Transmit Modifications," _Popular
     Communications_, March 1968 p. 60.

Locate the two diodes standing on end with Teflon covering the top
part of their leads (which at one time were soldered together, broken,
and then resoldered).  Simply clip these two leads to unlock the
transmitter, but be sure to reset the microprocessor by pushing the
reset button before the set is capable of transmitting on any
frequency at 150 MHz.

KENWOOD TS-430S

Unplug 3-wire plug on the RF board that mates with socket 10.  When
looking at the top front of the radio, it's to the left front side
right beside a larger white plug.  You'll need to carefully examine
the circuit board and locate the number 10 with a circle around it to
insure you have the right plug.

KENWOOD 940

Locate IC number 109.  Now find diode 130 and cut it for all-band
transmit.  If you want just MARS coverage, locate IC 111 and 112, and
snip diode 135 beside it.

KENWOOD 930

Modifiable; requires several jumper. Details not given.

ICOM IC-720

Transmitter is unlocked by snipping the light blue wire that's at the
very end of the top hatch cover to the left middle side of the
transceiver.

ICOM IC-735

To unlock the transmitter: cut diodes D33 and D34 that are standing on
end near the microprocessor section toward the rear top of the radio.

ICOM IC-745

Locate the RF board on the side of the radio and cut the light brown
wire at jack 7., which is going to pin 1.  Your transmitter is now
unlocked.

ICOM IC-751

Locate the RF board on the side of the radio and cut the black wire
going to pin 1 of jack 2.  Your transmitter is now unlocked.  (This
mod also described in _73_, July 1985 p. 12.)

ICOM M-700 Marine Transceiver

Despite that the literature says, no lock-out is employed.  For ham
frequencies on 40, 80 or 160 meters, set the mode switch to the hard
left position of "A3," to enable the lower sideband filter (all marine
HF uses upper sideband).

--
Frank  W9MKV
bitnet: reid@iubacs
arpa: [email-masked]