Subject: Re: FM-10 IC Chip

From: [email-masked] (John Brewer)
Date: 26 Feb 92 14:34:38 GMT

In article <[email-masked]>, [email-masked] writes...
>I have built and used a Ramsey FM-10 stereo transmitter for some time now.
>One unknown, however, is the chip they use. Ramsey calls it their
>proprietary custom IC. I suspect it may be a bit more common than that.
>Does anybody know what it is, and a possible second source? Thanks much.
> 
>Michael

	I think the chip is built by Rolm, and is a BA1404... but this
	is from memory.... 

      -------------------------------------------------------
      | John Brewer | Internet: [email-masked]  |
      |   wb5oau    | Packet  | wb5oau@wb2ars               |
      -------------------------------------------------------

---

From: [email-masked] (Paul N. Zaremba (AA9BK))
Date: Sat, 29 Feb 1992 18:02:52 GMT

>>Does anybody know what it is, and a possible second source? Thanks much.

The chip is a BA1404 manufactured by Rohm. I have the application notes if you
are interested.

-- 
******************************************************************************* Your haggard, budding young electrical engineering student friend from Illinois Paul N. Zaremba / Amateur Radio Callsign AA9BK (After A 9th Beer, KILLED!)
Owner/Operator - RADIO TERRA AM 920! (Your local Part 15 Broadcaster)
My hate list: ECE270, PHYCS108, MATH285 (RENT THIS SPACE! Call (217) 332-4221)
*******************************************************************************