Subject: Standard C528A receiver mods (999MHz)

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Wednesday, 28 Oct 1992 20:47:52 CST

To enable the Standard twin band HT to receive way out of band enter the
following key-board sequence.
First enter UHF side (UHF main)
then enter VFO mode, now follow these steps..
1) press F + L (function key + light key)
2) press F + 0 (function key + zero key)
2) press F + code (function key + code key)
3) press F + L (function key + light key (again))
4) press F + 3 (function key + three key)
5) " "   PTT   (push to talk button (will not xmit))

now press the F + 0 (function key + zero key) and the F + 3 (function key
+ three key) to toggle bands.  i.e.  you are starting out at 440MHz, push
the F + 0 and F + 3.  Now  you should be at 840MHz.  If you want to get
back to 440MHz keep pushing the toggle sequence and your wish will come
true.
This back door into the HT was found out by calling the local Standard
rep in Chicago.
Good luck and remember, if you somehow lock up the HT just press the reset
button.
73od lu
Chris...