Subject: Re: REAL Mods for the HTX-202

From: [email-masked] (Brad Fisher)
Date: Tue, 25 May 1993 05:27:40 GMT

Fred McKenzie ([email-masked]) wrote:
: 
: It turns out that the HTX-202 is compatible with Icom battery packs for the
: old IC-2AT.  Some of these packs are available at a higher voltage, and can
: be rapid-charged from the Icom BC-35 charger.  I suggest you get
: information about this from either Icom dealers, or from battery
: manufacturers who offer less expensive packs.  If someone would research
: specific battery model numbers, and the resulting radio output power, the
: information would be a good follow-up posting.

The ICOM IC-CM8 battery pack works great. It has 8 of the 1.2v nicads in 
it of course, for a total of 9.6v when fully charged. I get a healthy
6 watts out with it. The only catch is that both the radio and the pack 
have a ball detent ... you will need to remove the one from the pack,
for a snug fit. Minor disassembly of the pack is involved ... takes
about ten minutes. I got lucky and found my pack at a hamfest for $15.

73
-- 
-= Brad Fisher =-  (PPSEL)                 I'm just  | SCINET Inc.
usenet: [email-masked]                   a      | Tech Support Manager
-or-...!asuvax!enuucp!telesys!bradf!brad   wanna be  | Scottsdale, AZ  
packet: [email-masked]               UNIX guru!| 602/991-3445