Subject: HTX-202 TT PAD ADJUSTMENT
From: KA4NMX@KI4FL
To: INFO@ALLUSA

Radio Shack has just released an adjustment to the HTX-202 Handie....
It has to do with the PTT tone volume.. It goes as Follows
 
If you have trouble getting the touch-tones on the HTX-202 2-meter Ham Radio
Transceiver (Cat No. 19-1120 ) to work with the local Repeater, try resetting
the unit's touch-tone audio level.
 
To do this, you can adjust the touchtone pot (RV 1001) down until the tones
don't decode, then up again until it JUST works. (Simply tuning down is NOT 
as reliable as this metho  You uld make NO other adjustments!
 
Also, many repeaters will read back the tones once they decode properly. If
you are unsure how to do this, you can find out from another repeater member.

This is all R.S. would have to say about there HTx-202. If you have had any
problems with using the phone patch, this should cure it. Some have been
setting the << Auto Reply >> function in the main setup to << ON >> to
cure this problem. If you have, set it back to << OFF >> before adjusting
(RV 1001) pot.  Hope this helps..............
 
73's for now..Russell...Ka4nmx @ Ki4fl