

Article 8572 of rec.ham-radio:
Path: philabs!prls!pyramid!oliveb!ames!ncar!boulder!sunybcs!rutgers!elbereth.rutgers.edu!ron.rutgers.edu!ron
>From: [email-masked] (Ron Natalie)
Newsgroups: rec.ham-radio
Subject: Re: PRO-2004 Mods
Keywords: mods, scanner
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Date: 5 Jan 89 23:08:56 GMT
References: <[email-masked]>
Distribution: misc
Organization: Rutgers Univ., New Brunswick, N.J.
Lines: 10

Adjacent to the CPU chip there is a diode present in the modified
units know as D513.  D513 may or may not be marked depending on the
age of your unit.  D513 will be either next to D512 on the component
side of the board or it will be the on the solder side of the board
in the same place (i.e, next to the leads for D512).  In addition,
to get 30MHz steps when scanning 800 MHz (don't know why you'd want
that ;-).  Press the STEP key then press the RESET key right below
it.

-Ron