Subject: Grove Enterprises PRO-2006 Modification Sheet

From: [email-masked]
Date: 27 Sep 91 14:38:21 GMT

PRO-2006 Modifications
	
NOTE: The Electronic Communications Privacy Act of 1986 makes it
unlawful to monitor mobile telephones, including cellular. The following
modification is intended only to restore continuous 760-1300 MHz
coverage as originally provided by the design of the PRO-2006
microprocessor.

BE SURE TO TEST YOUR PRO-2006 FULLY BEFORE ATTEMPTING THIS
MODIFICATION. ANY MODIFICATION MAY VOID YOUR WARRENTY.

		824-851, 869-896 MHz Frequency Restoration
		
Tools Required: small Phillips screwdriver, small wire cutters.

Procedure: With the power cord unplugged, remove the two rear
cabinet screws holding the upper cover. Lift off the upper cover,
being careful not to stretch the speaker leads. Examine the inner,
right-hand-corner of the front panel to find two glass diodes, labelled
D503 (upper diode) and D502 (lower diode).

Using the clippers, very carefully snip the visible lead of the lower
diode (D502) at its bend and slightly separate the cut ends. If it is
ever necessary to send the radio back for warrenty repair, the diode
leads should be carefully resoldered.

Reassemble, plug in AC cord, turn on scanner, and press RESET.

			Keyboard Beep Delete
			
With the top cover removed as described above, locate connector CN3, 
a 15-pin connector with colored wires at the front of the main circuit
board. There are two precedures which will stop the beep tone from
being heard through the speaker; read both to decide which procedure
you want to follow.

(1) Find the center grey wire coming from CN3 and cut it midway to
disable the beep tone. You may wish to solder a resistor in series
to reduce the beep volume, a trimpot to vary the volume of the beep
tone, or a minature switch to choose between beep and no beep.

				(or)
				
(2) Using a pair of needle-nose pliers, CAREFULLY pry the plug from CN3,
revealing a row of pins. Locate the center pin (#8) which corresponds 
to the grey wire and bend it down flat, disabling the beep circuit.
Reinsert the plug. The pin may be erected again later to restore the
beep tone if desired.

This completes the restoration procedure. Reattach the cover and replace
the screws.

			WARRANTY REPAIR
			
Should it be necessary during the first year of ownership of your new
PRO-2006 to exercise your warrenty, it should be carefully double-boxed
(as you received it) and returned to Grove Enterprises. Be sure to
include a copy of the original bill to establish warranty
privileges.

You must prepay only shipping and insurance; return shipping and
insurance to you will be paid by the dealer.

	Grove Enterprises, P.O. Box 98, 140 Dogbranch Road
		Brasstown, NC; 1-704-837-9200