

Article 10901 of rec.ham-radio:
Path: philabs!prls!pyramid!decwrl!ucbvax!agate!bionet!ames!killer!texbell!bigtex!helps!bongo!julian
>From: [email-masked] (julian macassey)
Newsgroups: rec.ham-radio
Subject: PRO-34 Scanner Modifications
Keywords: Popular Communications, 800 MHz, Low Band.
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Date: 4 Apr 89 14:24:01 GMT
Organization: The Hole in the Wall  Hollywood Ca U.S.A.
Lines: 37

    In  the  May 1989  edition  of  Popular  Communications  is a 
"Letter  to the Editor" on the Radio Shack PRO-34 Scanner.  Below 
is the text of that letter.

                  PRO-34 Scanner Modification

    In regard to the information  presented (March Issue)  on the 
handheld Radio Shack PRO-34 scanner,  my own observations  on the 
modifications have been:

1. To restore missing 800 MHz frequencies, remove D-11.

2. To add 66 to 88 MHz  (European Coverage),  install a diode at 
   D-9.

3. D-10 must remain in place for full 800 MHz coverage.

4. If a diode is added at D-13 it cuts out aero band, also seems 
   to affect 800 MHz channel spacing.

5. D-12 added dosen't seem to have any affect.

6. Only D-10 and D-11 are factory installed.

    I  wish to thank you  for a fine and informative  magazine. I 
have had much reading enjoyment.

                             Sam S. Jones,
                             Rebel Antenna,
                             Falls Church, VA

-- 
Julian Macassey, n6are  julian@bongo    ucla-an!denwa!bongo!julian
n6are@wb6ymh (Packet Radio) n6are.ampr.org [44.16.0.81] voice (213) 653-4495