Subject: Expanded Receive K.B. Entry Mod. to [email-masked]:edu:Xerox

From: Gogian_Yee.ES_GSD/[email-masked]
Date: 28 Sep 91 04:16:26 GMT

Hello Paul,
   I thought I clarified myself when I stated that in order to use my
discovery, that you must first use the "expanded Receive" Mod. sheet to "allow"
your/my Yaesu FT-470 Handheld to utilize the "expanded Tx. from 140-155 Mhz),
but I guess not. So here goes with what I was trying to avoid...  Here's a
"copy" of the "YAESU FT-470 EXPANDED RECEIVE 430-500 Mhz" instruction sheet...
				YAESU FT-470
			EXPANDED RECEIVE 430-500 MHZ.
This Modification will make the popular Yaesu FT-470 dual-band HT receive above
450 Mhz. Basically, this procedure stores the upper limit into the U memory. DO
NOT OPEN THE RADIO. This is a keypad modification that will expand the receiver
coverage to include 450-500 Mhz. Transmit and Receive will not be affected in
the 430-450 MHz band. (VHF band is not effected). Special thanks to DARRELL
SEGO (KM9S) for this Mod.
Modification info. PLEASE FOLLOW STEPS IN PROPER ORDER.
1. On the main band, program the frequency of 450.00 Mhz SIMPLEX.
2. Press the [F/M] and then the [RPT] button for offset.
3. Enter code 0000 into the keypad.
4. turn the radio off.............. Now turn the radio back on.
5. Press the [RPT] key TWICE for a + (plus) offset.
6. Press the [REV] button one time.
7. The Radio should now display 1450 Mhz. (Note: The Radio will not work at
these frequencies, but it should receive up to about 500 Mhz).
8. Now store the frequency of 500.00 Mhz in the U memory. Press the [F/M] key
followed by the DOWN ARROW key to drop the frequency ONE Mhz at a time.
9. Store this frequency into MEMORY U. Press the [F/M] key and hold until you
hear two beeps (the Beep must be ENABLED). Now rotate the top Channel/dial knob
until the CHANNEL U is displayed. Press the [F/M] key again (you should hear a
beep). This indicates that this upper channel is stored in the U MEMORY
channel.
10. Now store 450.00 Mhz into MEMORY l for your lower limit (same way as you
did in step 9).
11. To use the higher frequencies, you have to go to the U MEMORY AND PRESS THE
[MR] BUTTON. This will put you in the MT (memory tune) mode. From there, you
can scan down or use the Dial knob to select a lower freq.
12. Any selected freq. can be stored in a  memory channel. HAVE FUN !!!
NOTE: If you are listening between 450-470 Mhz only. You may want to store
470.00 into the U memory for upper limit instead of 500 Mhz. Some Radios will
not let you go up in frequency (only down). If you try to go UP, the rig will
default back into the original ham band. Some Radios will let you go both up or
down. GOOD LUCK !

							N.M. 07/19/91

So paul, this is the SAME MOD. THAT WILL WORK ON THE 2 METER BAND ALSO !!! Just
use the same application on that band.
   AFTER you perform the Mod. above, you should be able to "program" in the 140
Mhz to 155 Mhz frequencies (Hopefully) once you "expanded your Lower and Upper
limits on both your bands to your desire.
I had set my 2 Meter Band limits to 108.025 Mhz and 204.295 Mhz respectively.
My 70 cm Band limits are 300.00 Mhz and 510.000 Mhz, respectively.
  That's how you (and I can) Enter 140 to 155 Mhz on the 2 Meter side without
having the radio reject it or start all over.
HOPE this makes sense to you now Paul.
		73 De KC6VKZ
DISCLAIMER: ALL that I have said is from my own, not my employer...