Subject: Extended Tx.

From: Gogian_Yee.ES_GSD/[email-masked]
Date: 27 Sep 91 23:42:12 GMT

Hi Steve,
  I hope you got this letter from me, because this is the first time i had to
reply to somebody and I'm still "New" on using this 6085, but anyways to the
objective...
 I used the Instructions on the "YAESU FT-470 Expanded Receive 430-500 MHz"
that I picked-up at the local Ham Radio Outlet (You should be able to ask for
the Mod. Sheet by asking for it at your local Ham Shop) when I purchased my
Yaesu FT-470. It'll be better for you to do that than for me to put the whole
thing all over again "on the air", because that Mod. has been floating around
on this system for awhiles, earlier. But anyways, i noticed that after I
performed this Keyboard Entry Mod.,  I was able to enter on the Lower limit
channel (in Memory Tune (MT) mode and Lower limit channel already set to
108.025 Mhz), 140 Mhz. I did that by entering "40000"and it accepted the entry.
I set the Standard Frequency Offset to 60 Khz and left the Repeater Offset to
none or + and it TRANSMITTED. You can't use the - shift because it won't allow
you to go below 140 Mhz. Well, after i discovered this new LOWER TX Limit, I
tried this procedure again, but on the Upper Limit and found that I can enter
up to 155 Mhz,  and found I can TRANSMIT up to that New frequency Limit. It's
just like programming in another frequency on 2 Meters, but one thing though...
I was curious about anther person's mention of "Extended  Receive" capability
by "HT OFF - HOLD up and down keys - turn on mod for extended receive.."- I
tried it last evening and it RESET ALL MY MEMORIES AND NOW DOESN'T ALLOW me to
perform the EXTENDED TRANSMIT capabilities ANYMORE. I was able to reprogram my
470 for the EXTENDED RECEIVE using another method, but that was it. If you had
tried this "Mod." already, then I don't believe the "Extended Tx. will work for
you either now. I'm still working on trying to get my 470 RESTORED back to
original operation, but I'm not holding my breath...
Stay Tuned...
		73 De KC6VKZ