

Article 13646 of rec.ham-radio:
Path: philabs!philmtl!uunet!cs.utexas.edu!tut.cis.ohio-state.edu!ucbvax!dgc.mceo.dg.COM!Kendell_Chilton
>From: [email-masked]
Newsgroups: rec.ham-radio
Subject: YAESU FT767GX mod
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Date: 22 Aug 89 14:42:58 GMT
Sender: [email-masked]
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Organization: The Internet
Lines: 26
Posted: Tue Aug 22 10:42:58 1989

CEO document contents:
I have recently purchased the aforementioned transceiver.  I have had no
problems to speak of and enjoy the rig thoroughly. I would like to
submit the following mod for the rig.  Note that implementation on this
mod is at the rig owner's risk and may violate warranties.  Here is a
description of the mod:  

o Remove the bottom cover (8 screws: 4 underneath, 2 on each side) 
o Remove the plastic rear panel.  (Just a cosmetic piece)
o Remove the rear metal panel.  (So many screws) 
o Loosen the "hinge" screws on the front bottom.  There are 4 of them.
o Lift the now loose card tray to expose to inner circuit boards.  Be
  careful!  There are two power supply lines that need to be disconnected.
  (Remember to reconnect them on assembly.)  (one is the control board,
  the other the one we want.)  Note that the board we will mod is the same
  one that has the switch that allows changing the tuning dial from
  5kHz/rev to 10kHz/rev.
o Change the position of switch S01.  The rig will now transmit from 1.5
  to 29.99999 MHz.  
o Reverse the disassembly procedure. 

Well that's it.  You are now ready for any band addition that may come
our way.  If you have problems, reply; I'll try to answer your
questions.
       73s de KA1TIH :   [email-masked] (Ken Chilton)